How to Nominate a Business Owner?
- To determine whether you qualify, you must fit the following profile:
- A For-profit business located in Glades, Hendry, Lee, Charlotte or Collier Counties
- Three or more years of business ownership
- Must be founder, partner or CEO of For-profit organization, no franchises
- In compliance with local, state and federal business guidelines and regulations.
- Provide answers to Company overview and the questions below in narrative format.
- Narrative should be provided on a separate sheet of paper. Entries should be 10 pt. font size, double-spaced, not exceed four pages in length and submitted on time.
- Submit the personal resume of applicant.
- Completed applications can be mailed, faxed or e-mailed to the address below. Winner will be announced at an awards dinner to be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 in the Cohen Center Ballroom, at Florida Gulf Coast University. All nomination information is held in strict confidence.
- Please note: Finalists for the award will be required to submit to a background check.
- Name of Company
- Contact Name
- Contact information (address, phone, e-mail)
- County where headquartered
- Type of Organization (c or S Corp, LLC, Sole Proprietor, other)
- Owners/ shareholders/members of company
- Business profile and description of Product or Service to include total sales for years 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- Identify risks associated with the start of the company.
- Date company was started.
- Number of employees in years 2012, 2011, and 2010 FT and PT.
- Demonstrated innovative corporate culture or employee programs.
- Answer the questions: "What have you done differently to be successful in your industry?" "What is your entrepreneurial spirit?"
- Impact of your product or service to the industry (competition, improvement to industry, encouraged other new products, etc)
- Markets/customers - local, national, global.
- Any outstanding awards or achievements company or owner has received.
- Community participation and contribution (local participation in service organizations, non-profit or community activities).
- Significant obstacles to overcome over the life of the company. Goals for 2013?